Snowman Cutouts Recipe
As the song goes, "Frosty the snowman was a jolly, happy soul," and you will be, too, when you whip up this easy recipe! Kids of all ages will love rolling out the dough and mixing and matching pieces to make their very own snowman. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Food coloring of your choice
- 1. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a small bowl, beat the cookie dough, flour and extract until combined.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. With a floured 4-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out two circles. Repeat with 3-1/2-in. and 3-in. round cookie cutters. Cut out six 1-in. circles, four 1-3/4-in. mittens and two 2-1/4-in. carrots.
- 3. On waxed paper, draw a top hat, 3-1/2 in. wide x 2-1/2 in. tall and a pipe, 3-1/4 in. wide x 1-3/4 in. tall; cut out. Re-roll dough scraps if necessary. Using patterns, cut out two hats and two pipes.
- 4. Transfer pieces to greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 6-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 5. Tint frosting as desired; frost over cookie pieces. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 snowmen.
1 cookie: 183 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Snowman Cutouts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC