Snowman Cutouts Recipe
As the song goes, “Frosty the snowman was a jolly, happy soul,” and you will be, too, when you whip up this easy recipe! Kids of all ages will love rolling out the dough and mixing and matching pieces to make their very own snowman. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Food coloring of your choice
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a small bowl, beat the cookie dough, flour and extract until combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. With a floured 4-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out two circles. Repeat with 3-1/2-in. and 3-in. round cookie cutters. Cut out six 1-in. circles, four 1-3/4-in. mittens and two 2-1/4-in. carrots.
- On waxed paper, draw a top hat, 3-1/2 in. wide x 2-1/2 in. tall and a pipe, 3-1/4 in. wide x 1-3/4 in. tall; cut out. Re-roll dough scraps if necessary. Using patterns, cut out two hats and two pipes.
- Transfer pieces to greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 6-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Tint frosting as desired; frost over cookie pieces. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 snowmen.
Originally published as Snowman Cutouts in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p9
Reviews for Snowman Cutouts(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >