Snowman Cookies Recipe
Wrap these chocolate-topped snowmen in colored tissue and place them inside holiday containers. Like real snowmen, they disappear fast! —Betty Tabb, Mifflintown, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips and green and red M&M's Minis
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Red and/or green food coloring
- Miniature milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to 325°. Shape dough into thirty 1-in. balls, thirty 3/4-in. balls and thirty 1/2-in. balls. On ungreased baking sheets, place one ball of each size, side by side, for each snowman.
- 3. Bake 18-20 minutes or until light brown. Remove from oven; immediately add chocolate chips for eyes and M&M's for buttons. Remove carefully from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, extract and enough milk to reach a piping consistency. If two colors of frosting are desired, transfer half of the frosting to another bowl; tint with food coloring.
- 5. Cut a small hole in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; fill with frosting. Pipe scarves on snowmen. Use frosting to attach chocolate kisses for hats. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC