- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips and green and red M&M's Minis
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 to 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- Red and/or green food coloring
- Miniature milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Shape dough into forty-eight 1-in. balls, forty-eight 3/4-in. balls and forty-eight 1/2-in. balls. On ungreased baking sheets, place one ball of each size, side by side, for each snowman.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until light brown. Remove from oven; cool on pans 2 minutes. Press on chocolate chips for eyes and M&M's for buttons. Carefully remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, extract and enough milk to reach a piping consistency. If two colors of frosting are desired, transfer half of the frosting to another bowl; tint with food coloring.
- Cut a small hole in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; fill with frosting. Pipe scarves on snowmen. Use frosting to attach chocolate kisses for hats. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Snowman Cookies
Sort By :
"Made these exactly by the recipe for a cookie swap and they turned out great! They are really cute and taste good too."
"Where can I find miniature kisses?Kate C."
"Great for little kids! Delicious."
"The cookie is OK -- doesn't spread out at all. So we ended up with 3 balls barely stuck together. They broke apart. Followed the recipe to a "t". Won't be making again."
"I love this recipe! Except I make one round cookie and in the last couple of minutes of baking I press a Butterfinger or Reeses Bell in the cookie. It is amazing!"