Snowman Christmas Cookies Recipe
Get the kids in on the action when you make these cheesecakey cookies—just roll away. The snowmen look adorable on a cookie tray. —Cathy Medley, Clyde, Ohio
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50 pretzel sticks
- Decorating icing of your choice
- Orange gumdrops
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and 2 cups sugar until blended. Beat in egg and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes or until firm enough to shape.
- 2. Preheat oven to 325°. Place remaining sugar in a shallow bowl. For each cookie, shape dough to make one 1-in. ball, one 3/4-in. ball and one 1/2-in. ball; press together to form a snowman. Gently coat with sugar. Repeat with remaining dough. Place snowmen 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Break pretzel sticks in half; press into snowmen for arms. Bake 15-18 minutes or until bottoms are light brown.
- 4. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Pipe icing on snowmen to form scarves, eyes, buttons and mouths. Use icing to attach gumdrops for noses. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 119 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC