This frosty fellow is always welcome at a winter gathering, according to Susan Seymour of Valatie, New York. He's very tasty, too--and gets a little zip from horseradish and garlic.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (4-1/2 ounces) dried beef, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 cartons (4 ounces each) spreadable cream cheese
- 5 dried cranberries
- 1 baby carrot
- 2 pretzel sticks
- 1 large round cracker
- 4 round butter-flavored crackers
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the dried beef, onions, horseradish and garlic powder until blended. Shape into two balls, one slightly larger than the other. Roll each in parsley. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- On a serving plate, place the smaller cheese ball on top of larger cheese ball, forming a snowman. Set aside 1 teaspoon spreadable cream cheese. Carefully cover snowman with remaining spreadable cream cheese.
- Arrange cranberries for eyes and buttons. Insert carrot for nose and pretzel sticks for arms.
- Place a small dab of reserved cream cheese on top of large cracker. Top with a butter-flavored cracker. Repeat with three remaining butter-flavored crackers. Place on top of snowman. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 snowman.
Originally published as Snowman Cheese Ball in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p9
Reviews for Snowman Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review