- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (4-1/2 ounces) dried beef, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 cartons (4 ounces each) spreadable cream cheese
- 5 dried cranberries
- 1 baby carrot
- 2 pretzel sticks
- 1 large round cracker
- 4 round butter-flavored crackers
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the dried beef, onions, horseradish and garlic powder until blended. Shape into two balls, one slightly larger than the other. Roll each in parsley. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- On a serving plate, place the smaller cheese ball on top of larger cheese ball, forming a snowman. Set aside 1 teaspoon spreadable cream cheese. Carefully cover snowman with remaining spreadable cream cheese.
- Arrange cranberries for eyes and buttons. Insert carrot for nose and pretzel sticks for arms.
- Place a small dab of reserved cream cheese on top of large cracker. Top with a butter-flavored cracker. Repeat with three remaining butter-flavored crackers. Place on top of snowman. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 snowman.
Reviews for Snowman Cheese Ball
Sort By :
"I've made this almost every year since the TOH 2004 issue! I dont put horseradish and once, i had some fresh deli roast beef & used that & it was even better! Now i almost always use deli roast beef. A favorite cheeseball for Christmas/wintertime!"
"Much easier to make than I thought."
"I've been making this recipe for years - always a hit! However, I don't make it into a snowman - I just roll the ball in dried parsley."
"This is always a hit at our annual Christmas party! I love putting this on the table as a centerpiece!"