You can create this snowman without any special equipment. Kids and adults with smile when they see this cute cake.Betsey Ross, Chebeague Island, Maine
16 ServingsPrep: 50 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2 packages chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3 cups vanilla frosting
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 5 to 6 drops blue food coloring
- 1 green Fruit Roll-Up, unrolled
- 3 red-coated tiny tarts
- 1 red candy coin
- 4 black gumdrops
- 6 black licorice bites
- Prepare cake mixes according to package directions. Divide batter
- among two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans, one 9-in.
- square baking pan and 12 cupcakes. Bake at 350° for 20-25
- minutes and cupcakes for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing
- from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place one round cake off center and 1 in. from the bottom of a 25-in.
- x 16-in. covered board. Place second round cake above it. Set aside
- 1 cup vanilla frosting. Frost round cakes with remaining vanilla
- Cut the square cake into two rectangles-one 8-in. x 2-in. and one
- 8-in. x 4-in. (save remaining piece for another use). For hat brim,
- place the smaller rectangle (B) above on the top round cake. Cut a