Snowman Cake Recipe
You can create this snowman without any special equipment. Kids and adults with smile when they see this cute cake.—Betsey Ross, Chebeague Island, Maine
- 2 packages chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3 cups vanilla frosting
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 5 to 6 drops blue food coloring
- 1 green Fruit Roll-Up, unrolled
- 3 red-coated tiny tarts
- 1 red candy coin
- 4 black gumdrops
- 6 black licorice bites
- 1. Prepare cake mixes according to package directions. Divide batter among two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans, one 9-in. square baking pan and 12 cupcakes. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes and cupcakes for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. Place one round cake off center and 1 in. from the bottom of a 25-in. x 16-in. covered board. Place second round cake above it. Set aside 1 cup vanilla frosting. Frost round cakes with remaining vanilla frosting.
- 3. Cut the square cake into two rectangles-one 8-in. x 2-in. and one 8-in. x 4-in. (save remaining piece for another use). For hat brim, place the smaller rectangle (B) above on the top round cake. Cut a 5-3/4-in. x 4-in. piece from the large rectangle; place (A) above hat brim. For scarf, cut the remaining cake piece in half diagonally (C and D); position on left side of top circle. (Save the cupcakes for another use.)
- 4. Frost hat with chocolate frosting. Tint reserved vanilla frosting blue; frost a stripe on hat for ribbon and frost the scarf. Cut three holly leaves from fruit roll-up; place on hat ribbon. Top with tiny tarts for berries. Position red candy coin for nose; add black gumdrops for eyes and buttons. Add licorice bites for mouth. Yield: 16-20 servings plus 12 cupcakes.
Reviews for Snowman Cake
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2012
"This was easy to assemble. I served it at a "celebrate winter" party and my grandchildren loved it."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC