Turn that frosting into Frosty! This is one of our favorite ways to build a snowman—indoors! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting, divided
- 36 lollipop sticks
- Sprinkles, M&M's minis and red Fruit by the Foot fruit rolls
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup frosting and mix well. Shape mixture into thirty-six 3/4-in. balls and thirty-six 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets. Freeze for at least 2 hours or refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until cake balls are firm and easy to handle.
- To assemble snowmen, insert a lollipop stick into a large cake ball and then a small cake ball. Insert cake pops into a foam block to stand. In a microwave, warm remaining frosting; stir until smooth. Spoon frosting over each pop.
- Using sprinkles, add faces and buttons to snowmen. Add earmuffs and scarves with M&M's and pieces of fruit rolls. Let stand until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Snowman Cake Pops in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012
Reviews for Snowman Cake Pops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review