Snowflake Tomato Soup Recipe
Your family is bound to dig in to this brimming bowl! The sensational soup packs lots of pleasing ingredients, and is extra fun to eat when you pipe on a sour cream snowflake. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1. In a blender, process tomatoes, one can at a time, until smooth. Transfer to a large saucepan. Stir in the broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the oregano and sugar. Add a small amount of hot tomato mixture to whipping cream; return all to the saucepan. Cook until slightly thickened (do not boil).
- 2. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; fill with sour cream. Pipe a snowflake on each bowl of soup. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 116 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Snowflake Tomato Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC