Snowflake Pudding Recipe
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/4 cups cold 2% milk, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup milk; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, salt and remaining milk; heat just until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin mixture and vanilla. Refrigerate until partially set. Fold in coconut and whipped cream. Pour into dessert dishes; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 3. Meanwhile, strain raspberries to remove seeds. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, raspberry pulp and currant jelly; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve with pudding. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 453 calories, 23g fat (16g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Snowflake Pudding
"Are you kidding me? 60g of fat in 2/3 cup pudding? That's a bowl of stroke!"