Snowflake Pudding Recipe
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/4 cups cold 2% milk, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup milk; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, salt and remaining milk; heat just until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin mixture and vanilla. Refrigerate until partially set. Fold in coconut and whipped cream. Pour into dessert dishes; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 3. Meanwhile, strain raspberries to remove seeds. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, raspberry pulp and currant jelly; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve with pudding. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 453 calories, 23 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Snowflake Pudding
"Are you kidding me? 60g of fat in 2/3 cup pudding? That's a bowl of stroke!"