Snowflake Doughnuts Recipe
My family never cared for doughnuts much until they tried these. Their light-as-a-feather texture and golden brown color are so appealing.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/4 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar or additional sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add warm milk and oil. Add sugar, salt and eggs. Stir in flour (dough will be very sticky). Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 2. Stir dough down and let rise for 45 minutes.
- 3. Stir dough down; roll out on a well-floured surface to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. cutter. Place on greased baking sheets; cover and let rise for 45 minutes.
- 4. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. oil to 375°. Fry doughnuts, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners’ sugar if desired. Yield: 18 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC