Snowflake Cookies Recipe
Warm from the oven, Morven Baker's sugary snowflakes are guaranteed to melt in your mouth. “One cookie is never enough,” she adds from Ashland, Ohio. So bake up a blizzard!
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups cake flour
- 2 tablespoons edible glitter
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Divide in half. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 4-in. snowflake-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 300° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Repeat with remaining dough. Chill and reroll scraps if desired.
- 4. In a small resealable plastic bag, combine edible glitter and remaining sugar. Seal bag; crush mixture to break glitter into smaller pieces. Sprinkle over warm cookies. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 131 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC