- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups cake flour
- 2 tablespoons edible glitter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Divide in half. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 4-in. snowflake-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Repeat with remaining dough. Chill and reroll scraps if desired.
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine edible glitter and remaining sugar. Seal bag; crush mixture to break glitter into smaller pieces. Sprinkle over warm cookies. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Snowflake Cookies
Sort By :
"This is another Christmas Snowflake Cookie. Use it to add to your decorations, trying not to delete your edible decorations for dressing up your house & ornaments. You are going to make enough to give as gifts for home, work, committees, clubs, etc. Do not forget the plate of cookies that your children will want to leave for Santa on Christmas Eve! Remember to contact Wilton for cookie cutters, glaze, edible glitter, color bases, etc. The way to see their available products upon your computer is to emailwww.wilton.com. This is a great source for all baking supplies. Enjoy!"
"Tough, dry cookie, expensive ingredients."
"I would never switch margarine for butter in any recipe OR imitation vanilla for pure vanilla. use the good stuff...in all cookies recipes...it really matters!"
"Target had a set of three different snowflake cookie cutters by Wilton today for under $4.00. Anywhere Wilton products are sold you might be able to find them. I had just found this recipe earlier today and wondered where you could find them. Now I have some and will try this recipe soon!"
"where can one get the cookie cutter/cutters used for the snowflake cookies. PJ"