Warm from the oven, Morven Baker's sugary snowflakes are guaranteed to melt in your mouth. “One cookie is never enough,” she adds from Ashland, Ohio. So bake up a blizzard!
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups cake flour
- 2 tablespoons edible glitter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Divide in half. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 4-in. snowflake-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Repeat with remaining dough. Chill and reroll scraps if desired.
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine edible glitter and remaining sugar. Seal bag; crush mixture to break glitter into smaller pieces. Sprinkle over warm cookies. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Snowflake Cookies in Country Woman November/December 2006, p36
Reviews for Snowflake Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review