36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + standing
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ROYAL ICING:
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons meringue powder
- 3/4 cup warm water
- Sky blue gel food coloring
- White edible glitter and superfine sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light
- and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour and salt;
- gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into fourths. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or
- until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion to 1/8-in.
- thickness. (Refrigerate other portions until ready to use.) Using a
- variety of sizes of floured snowflake cookie cutters, cut out