The vanilla chips Barbara Neuschwanger of Olympia, Washington uses giver her chocolaty cookie its name. "They look pretty," she describes. They taste pretty good besides!—Barbara Neuschwanger, Olympia, Washington
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the pudding mix, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the oats, flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Beat until smooth. Stir in chips.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Originally published as Snowflake Bar Cookies in Country Woman November/December 1995, p39
Reviews for Snowflake Bar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review