The name of this recipe is suggestive of my state's wondrous beauty. Alaska is known for its salmon, and this is one of my favorite ways to prepare it.—Ella Hosmer, Central, Alaska
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle flour over salmon fillets. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in.
- baking dish. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks
- form. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise and mustard; fold in
- egg whites. Spoon over salmon. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 520 calories, 50 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 446 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.