The name of this recipe is suggestive of my state's wondrous beauty. Alaska is known for its salmon, and this is one of my favorite ways to prepare it.—Ella Hosmer, Central, Alaska
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle flour over salmon fillets. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise and mustard; fold in egg whites. Spoon over salmon. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Snowcapped Salmon in The Best of Country Cooking Annual 2005, p45
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Snowcapped Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review