- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle flour over salmon fillets. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise and mustard; fold in egg whites. Spoon over salmon. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Snowcapped Salmon
"This recipe is definitely very rich and delicious. Whenever I make this, I'm always so proud of myself for making something so "gourmet" haha. Note: do NOT try to beat the egg whites by hand, use a mixer. I stood there for a good 5 minutes with my arm and wrist cramping up, trying to do it by hand."
"I made a it just as written and it was supremes and dish for company also."
"Very good flavor and texture, even my wife who doesn't like fish thought it was good!"
"What wonderful recip. The topping is very rich but oh so light * I made just 1/2 of the recipe and I cut back just a little bit on the mayonnaise. bake time for our filets were right on the Money. Rich, moist and delicious. A Keeper *Janie"
"Simple and delicious! I was halfway thru the recipe before I discovered I was out of Parmesan, so I substituted a light sprinkling of shredded Jack cheese, and it was a hit! The topping adds just the right amount of flavor without overwhelming the salmon. I will definitely be doing this again with Parmesan!"
"This is a great recipe. It's been the only way we have had salmon since we first tried it. Would be a wonderful company recipe. Melt in your mouth delicious."
"Excellent, but next time I'll make half the topping. Far too much for the amount of fish."
"Great recipe. The fish was very moist. I would use a larger pan so the topping does not flow over the entire group pf fillets."
"My husband and I love this recipe. I have made it with many types of fish and it is always good"
"Simple and yummy!"