Snowcapped Gingerbread Biscotti Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 cup butterscotch chips, melted
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, salt, allspice and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in hazelnuts and ginger.
- Divide dough in half. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape dough into two 10-in. x 3-in. logs. Transfer to greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to the touch.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a sharp knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake for 7-9 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Dip biscotti halfway into melted butterscotch chips; shake off excess. Place on waxed paper until set. Dip butterscotch-coated ends partially into melted vanilla chips; shake off excess. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Snowcapped Gingerbread Biscotti(9)
Sort By :
Great recipe! Not very patient, so stirred in chips into batter. Wonderful! Buterscotch and white chocolate throughout!
really yummy! would make a great xmas gift.
This is delicious and it meets with rave reviews. I make this at Christmas and give to friends, but make sure to keep some for myself. Should make year round!!!
Haven't made these yet but as far as the ginger - you can buy different grades of chopped ginger on King Arthur Flour's site
I never ate a biscotti I didn't like, and this is at the top of the list. :)
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Gingerbread Cookies >
- Hazelnut Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Italian Desserts >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >