Snowcapped Chocolate Cookies Recipe
If you like chocolate, you'll love these kiss-shaped, crinkled cookies. They get their "snowcapped" look from a coating of confectioners' sugar.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until easy to handle.
- Place confectioners' sugar in a shallow bowl; drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into sugar. Coat with sugar and form into teardrop shapes. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Snowcapped Chocolate Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p66
Reviews for Snowcapped Chocolate Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review