Snowcapped Casserole Recipe
This comforting casserole goes over well at church fellowships and family gatherings. I often double the recipe.—Frances Johnson, Bear Creek, North Carolina
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
- 2. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Top with eight mounds of mashed potatoes. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until potatoes are browned. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 463 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 1,760 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Snowcapped Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC