This comforting casserole goes over well at church fellowships and family gatherings. I often double the recipe.—Frances Johnson, Bear Creek, North Carolina
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Top with eight mounds of mashed potatoes. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until potatoes are browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Snowcapped Casserole in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p178
Reviews for Snowcapped Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review