Snowcapped Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- Caramel ice cream topping and chocolate curls, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in cocoa until smooth. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla for 1 minute. Gradually add flour and salt. Stir in cocoa mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and, if desired, nuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup milk until smooth. Add pudding mix and remaining milk; beat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in extract; fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate until set.
- 4. Just before serving, drizzle with caramel topping and garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 brownie (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 232 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Snowcapped Brownies
"Hi RJ, sorry for the confusion. A few years ago we researched instant pudding sizes and found there were inconsistencies between brands and volume. In this instance you want one package closest to the volume shown.Community ManagerTaste of Home Magazine"
"The concept is good. When I made the topping, I wasn't sure whether to follow the guideline on 1 package of vanilla pudding OR the 3.4 oz. So I used 2 packages of pudding mix to get the 3.4 oz. It was a gummy mess. It gummed up my processor inside and out."
"I am wondering if you need to refridgerate the leftovers since there's Cool Whip and cream cheese in the frosting?Thanks!"
"These are officially my favorite brownies! I used chopped walnuts and i didnt put the caramel topping or the shaved candy bar on top (unnecessary calories) and it was the perfect amount of sweetness. Got many requests for the recipe :)"
"easy to make, very rich, great frosting....feeds an army!"
"LIKE SO MUCH"
"Wow, great recipe! My family loved these. Rich brownies with a very creamy frosting, it is a great combination. They are different then your typical brownies. I made them exactly as written."