Snowcapped Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- Caramel ice cream topping and chocolate curls, optional
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in cocoa until smooth. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla for 1 minute. Gradually add flour and salt. Stir in cocoa mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and, if desired, nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup milk until smooth. Add pudding mix and remaining milk; beat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in extract; fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate until set.
- Just before serving, drizzle with caramel topping and garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Snowcapped Brownies
Sort By :
"I am wondering if you need to refridgerate the leftovers since there's Cool Whip and cream cheese in the frosting?Thanks!"
"These are officially my favorite brownies! I used chopped walnuts and i didnt put the caramel topping or the shaved candy bar on top (unnecessary calories) and it was the perfect amount of sweetness. Got many requests for the recipe :)"
"easy to make, very rich, great frosting....feeds an army!"
"LIKE SO MUCH"
"Wow, great recipe! My family loved these. Rich brownies with a very creamy frosting, it is a great combination. They are different then your typical brownies. I made them exactly as written."