"I first tried this recipe because it's low in fat, but now I make these treats for their fruity taste," admits Madeline Scholfield of Winchester, Illinois. "The folks in my pinochle clubs love them."
66 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups All-Bran
- 1 cup pitted dried plums
- 1-2/3 cups raisins
- 1-1/2 cups dried apricots
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Place cereal and prunes in a food processor or blender; cover and
- process until cereal is crumbled. Add raisins, apricots and pecans;
- process until finely chopped.
- Shape in 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Store in an
- airtight container in the refrigerator. Roll in sugar before
- serving. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One piece equals 64 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.