Snowballs Cake Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 envelopes whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 2 cups milk
- Toasted flaked coconut and maraschino cherries
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Immediately invert cake onto a wire rack; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in boiling water until gelatin is dissolved. Add the pineapple, sugar, lemon juice and salt. Refrigerate until partially thickened, about 40 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat whipped topping mixes and milk until stiff. Fold into pineapple mixture.
- 4. Run a knife around sides and center tube of cake pan; remove cake from pan and cut into 1-in. cubes. Place half of the cake cubes in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; top with half of the filling. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 5. Sprinkle with coconut. Cut into squares; top each with a cherry. Yield: 20 servings.
1 piece: 172 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (28g sugars, trace fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Snowballs Cake
"Pretty good cake. I halved the sugar and used lite cool whip to ease up on the calories. My son and his friends gobbled it up right away! Nice and refreshing!"