- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 3-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 32 to 35 large marshmallows
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, milk, cocoa and vanilla. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cracker crumbs and 1-1/2 cups coconut. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Using moistened hands, wrap about 1 tablespoon of mixture around each marshmallow (dip hands in water often to prevent sticking). Roll in remaining coconut; place on prepared baking sheet. Cover and freeze until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Snowball
"the best snow balls love them"
"I made these a few days ago 12/30/2012,I thought that the whole marshmallow was too much so I cut the marshmallow in half.I found the snowball was a bit difficult to cover and roll, I did keep my hands moist but still... maybe I need more practice."
"I made these for a party and I had people begging for the recipe. They're so good!!"
"Easy and very kid-friendly! I didn't have any graham crackers on hand, so I used crushed Oreo cookies instead and they turned out great."
"I always have to make batches throughout the season! My kids never get sick of them!"
"These are amazing!!! I was reluctant to even try them, but hubby wanted them. I will make these every year. My kids loved them right out of the freezer and they keep so well! Fantastic recipe!"
"This was definitely an interesting recipie! They were unique, and very good! We did not need to really thaw them much before we were able to eat them."
"These cookies are so YUMMY ♥ One of my favorites!!!"
"They sound very good. How long do you thaw them before serving?"