Keep the guests guessing until the big cake reveal! Use candy coating disks to tint the inside of these tender cookies pink and blue. Since these disks come in a variety of colors, you can also make the cookies to match any holiday or theme. —Jan Whitworth, Roebuck, South Carolina
Recommended: Top 25 Food Gift Recipes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup each finely chopped pecans, walnuts and almonds, toasted
- 39 pink or blue candy coating disks
- In a large bowl, cream butter, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. In another bowl, whisk flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 1-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Insert a candy disk into the center of each cookie, reshaping dough into a ball and covering disk completely.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Place remaining confectioners' sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. Reroll cookies. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Snowball Surprise Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p209
Reviews for Snowball Surprise Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review