Snowball Cookie Recipe
I like to make these coconut-covered balls when the snow is flying outside. I've shared the candies with many of my friends and family members, an everyone loves them.
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- Assorted food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the milk powder, peanut butter, honey and vanilla. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Let stand, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating and shortening at 70% power for 1-2 minutes; stir until smooth. If desired, tint some of the candy coating with food coloring. Dip balls into coating, then roll in coconut. Return to baking sheet; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 359 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Snowball Cookie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC