Snowball Cake Recipe
Whipped topping and coconut blanket a layered angel food cake and gelatin dessert. My husband's grandmother really liked this cool treat and requested that I make it every Christmas. —Judith Guthrie, Charleston, West Virginia
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1. In a bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in sugar and lemon juice until sugar is dissolved. Add pineapple. Refrigerate until partially thickened, about 20 minutes. Fold in 4 cups whipped topping.
- 2. Line a 3-qt. round bowl with plastic wrap. spoon about 2 cups pineapple mixture into bowl. Layer with half of the cake cubes and half of the remaining pineapple mixture. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 3. Unmold onto a serving plate. Spread remaining whipped topping over cake. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Snowball Cake
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2008
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC