Snow-Topped Chocolate Mint Cookies Recipe
Our local newspaper had a cookie contest a while back. This was one of the recipes featured, and it caught my eye because I love mint flavor. My family likes these cookies as much as I do.
- 1 package (10 ounces) mint chocolate chips, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips; stir until smooth and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the melted chocolate chips and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are set and centers are almost set. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Snow-Topped Chocolate Mint Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p69
Reviews for Snow-Topped Chocolate Mint Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review