Snow Peas with Tomatoes
"This colorful, quick side dish is a great pair with any meat or fish," advises Jackie Horridge from Nashville, Tennessee. "Sometimes I like to top it with toasted pine nuts, sliced almonds or crumbled feta cheese."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2/3 cup fresh snow peas
- 8 grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped peeled jicama
- In a small skillet or wok, stir-fry garlic in oil and butter for 1
- minute. Remove and discard garlic. In the same skillet, stir-fry
- snow peas for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and jicama; stir-fry for 1-2
- minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 83 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.