Snow Peas with Sesame Dressing Recipe
Another great way to use fresh pea pod is in Snow Peas with Sesame Dressing. The recipe comes from field editor Sue Braunschweig (left) of Delafield. "I've had the recipe for this crisp delicious salad for years," notes the mother of six. "It goes well with any meat and is terrific for family or company."
- 3 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Cook peas in boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 1-1/2 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Cook cauliflower in boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. In a bowl, combine peas, cauliflower, water chestnuts and red pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, shake dressing and pour half over the pea mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate remaining dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Snow Peas with Sesame Dressing in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p44
Reviews for Snow Peas with Sesame Dressing(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Snow Peas >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >