Snow Peas and Beef Salad Recipe
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, garlic salt, ground ginger and pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1. Broil steak 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cool completely. Thinly slice meat across the grain; place in a large resealable plastic bag. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the ketchup, oil, lemon juice, brown sugar and seasonings; shake well. Pour over meat; seal bag and turn to coat.
- 2. Add the mushrooms, water chestnuts and onion. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Just before serving, add snow peas. Serve on lettuce; garnish with tomatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 304 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Reviews for Snow Peas and Beef Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.