Snow Peas and Beef Salad Recipe
"In this delicious main-dish salad, savory strips of broiled streak are lightly dressed along the water chestnuts, mushrooms and onions, then tossed with crisp snow peas," details Janeen Kilpatrick of Fairbury, Illinois. "Ketchup and ginger add a bit of zip to the sweet dressing."
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, garlic salt, ground ginger and pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Broil steak 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cool completely. Thinly slice meat across the grain; place in a large resealable plastic bag. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the ketchup, oil, lemon juice, brown sugar and seasonings; shake well. Pour over meat; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Add the mushrooms, water chestnuts and onion. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Just before serving, add snow peas. Serve on lettuce; garnish with tomatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Snow Peas and Beef Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p44
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Snow Peas and Beef Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Salads >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Salad Recipes >