- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, garlic salt, ground ginger and pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Broil steak 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cool completely. Thinly slice meat across the grain; place in a large resealable plastic bag. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the ketchup, oil, lemon juice, brown sugar and seasonings; shake well. Pour over meat; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Add the mushrooms, water chestnuts and onion. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Just before serving, add snow peas. Serve on lettuce; garnish with tomatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Snow Peas and Beef Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p44
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Snow Peas and Beef Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2011