Snow Pea Stir Fry Recipe
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, stir-fry almonds in butter for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Add snow peas and mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes longer.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, bouillon, water and soy sauce until smooth. Add to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 108 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Snow Pea Stir Fry
"Both my husband & I REALLY liked this. He won't even eat regular peas. The only thing I changed was to add 1tsp minced garlic & some sliced onion. This is now in my keeper list."