When my children were growing up, I had difficulty getting them to eat green vegetables. This recipe changed their minds. They liked the crisp-tender pea pods and tasty sauce.—Pam Rahmer, Phillips, Wisconsin
Recommended: 30 Beef Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large skillet, stir-fry almonds in butter for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Add snow peas and mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, bouillon, water and soy sauce until smooth. Add to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Snow Pea Stir-Fry in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p20
Reviews for Snow Pea Stir Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2015
"Both my husband & I REALLY liked this. He won't even eat regular peas. The only thing I changed was to add 1tsp minced garlic & some sliced onion. This is now in my keeper list."