Snow Pea Stir Fry Recipe
Snow Pea Stir-Fry is a family favorite from Pam Rahmer in Phillips, Wisconsin. "When my children were growing up, I had difficulty getting them to eat green vegetables," she says. "This recipe changed their minds. They liked the crisp-tender pea pods and tasty sauce."
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large skillet, stir-fry almonds in butter for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Add snow peas and mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, bouillon, water and soy sauce until smooth. Add to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Snow Pea Stir-Fry in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p20
Reviews for Snow Pea Stir Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >