Snow Pea Pork Medley Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, optional
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced white onion
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups sliced cooked pork tenderloin (1/2 inch thick and about 1 pound)
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, bouillon, water and ginger if desired; stir until smooth. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once.
- 2. Add the water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, peas and onions. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pork; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 229 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 961mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Snow Pea Pork Medley
"I loved this recipe! This was a great way to use up leftover pork. It is super fast and easy, and surprisingly tastes just as good as a traditional stir fry with hardly any clean-up."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.