Snow Pea Pork Medley Recipe
Last night's pork and a microwave oven make this mild main dish a snap to prepare. "We love Chinese food, and this is a favorite in our home," explains Gloria Bisek of Deerwood, Minnesota.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, optional
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced white onion
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups sliced cooked pork tenderloin (1/2 inch thick and about 1 pound)
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, bouillon, water and ginger if desired; stir until smooth. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once.
- Add the water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, peas and onions. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pork; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Snow Pea Pork Medley in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p44
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Snow Pea Pork Medley(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Tenderloin Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >