Snow Pea Medley
Even in frosty weather, Lucille Mead of Ilion, New York serves up garden-fresh flavor with this pretty, colorful side dish. The crisp-tender veggie combo goes with a variety of entrees and is ready in minutes.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in oil
- for 1-2 minutes. Add peppers; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and mushrooms; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until
- vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 83 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.