Even in frosty weather, Lucille Mead of Ilion, New York serves up garden-fresh flavor with this pretty, colorful side dish. The crisp-tender veggie combo goes with a variety of entrees and is ready in minutes.
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in oil for 1-2 minutes. Add peppers; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and mushrooms; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Snow Pea Medley in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p51
Reviews for Snow Pea Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review