Snow Pea Asparagus Stir-Fry Recipe
Add a taste of the Orient to your menu with Joy Beck’s snappy side dish. She accents the veggies with the vibrant flavor of ginger, making it a favorite in her Cincinnati, Ohio home.
- 4 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1. In a small skillet, stir-fry asparagus and peas in butter and oil for 2 minutes. Add ginger and garlic powder; stir-fry 1 minute longer.
- 2. Combine soy sauce and water; stir into skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup equals 145 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC