Add a taste of the Orient to your menu with Joy Beck’s snappy side dish. She accents the veggies with the vibrant flavor of ginger, making it a favorite in her Cincinnati, Ohio home.
- 4 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a small skillet, stir-fry asparagus and peas in butter and oil for 2 minutes. Add ginger and garlic powder; stir-fry 1 minute longer.
- Combine soy sauce and water; stir into skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Snow Pea Asparagus Stir-Fry in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p52
Reviews for Snow Pea Asparagus Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review