Snow Pea & Carrot Saute for Two
With bright carrot strips and green snow peas, this makes a colorful dish with any entree. Short on time? You can also buy matchstick carrots at the grocery store. Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 ounces fresh snow peas
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a small skillet, saute snow peas in butter for 3 minutes. Add
- carrots and garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are
- crisp-tender. Add remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 108 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.