- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts or almonds
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to sugar mixture until well blended. Stir in vanilla chips and nuts.
- Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into diamond shapes if desired. Yield: 16 brownies.
Originally published as Snow Flurry Brownies in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p29
Reviews for Snow Flurry Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2012
"These are wonderful and I'm not a brownie fan. I substituted Andes peppermint baking chips in place of white chocolate chips and everyone loved them!"
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2011
"added 1/2 c. of coconut instead of chocolate chips...Wonderful!"