Snow Crab Legs with Dipping Sauces Recipe
- DILL BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash white pepper
- HORSERADISH CHILI SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- AVOCADO CREAM SAUCE:
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- CRAB LEGS:
- 1 pound cooked snow crab legs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. In three separate small bowls, combine the ingredients for the dill butter sauce, horseradish chili sauce and avocado cream sauce; set aside.
- 2. Brush both sides of crab legs with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until heated through. Serve with dipping sauces. Yield: 2 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 570 calories, 49g fat (22g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 1034mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Snow Crab Legs with Dipping Sauces
"I made the dill butter sauce and avocado cream sauce to go with steamed crab legs tonight. Very nice. The dill was a great touch. In the future I will probably use less sour cream in the avocado sauce--it overwhelmed the avocado a bit. Still, very tasty, though, and a good change from just plain old clarified butter."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.