From El Dorado, Arkansas, Dorothy Smith shares these tasty almond cookies coated in powdered sugar. "They're quick, easy and delicious," she assures.
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in extract.
- Combine flour, oats, almonds and salt; gradually add to the creamed
- mixture. Roll level tablespoonfuls of dough into ropes. Place 2 in.
- apart on ungreased baking sheets and curve into crescents. Bake at
- 325° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire
- racks to cool; roll in additional confectioners' sugar. Yield:
- about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 96 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.