A tender chocolate cookie is topped with a slightly sweet, snow white frosting in this classic recipe. Tight on time? make the dough one day and bake the next.—Marsha Rider, Hephzibah, Georgia
Featured In: 15 Best Gingerbread Men Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 cup grated German sweet chocolate (1-3/4 ounces)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces white candy coating, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, pecans, chocolate, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Drizzle or spread candy coating over cookies; let stand until set. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Snow-Covered Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p132
Reviews for Snow-Covered Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review