- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules or espresso powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 10 ounces white candy coating, melted
- White edible glitter and/or red and green colored sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave 1/2 cup chocolate chips and butter until butter is melted; stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in coffee granules; cool slightly.
- Whisk in sugars. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla until blended. In small bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in pecans and remaining chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip tops of cookies into melted candy coating; sprinkle with glitter and/or colored sugar. Let stand until set. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Snow-Capped Mocha Fudge Drops
"These turned out beautiful! The candy melts are super sweet so I think I might try something else to top the cookies with."
"I followed the recipe and it turned out great. Only change I made was to use crushed peppermint candy on top. We loved them"
"I DID make adjustments to this recipe and my adjustments worked out well!My adjustments: 1tsp. baking powder and 1 tsp. saltI omitted the pecans and used 1/2 cup peanut butter M&M's. I'd melted the butter and chocolate chips together. I beat the sugars and eggs & vanilla together with a wire whiskattachment 5 minutes, then added the chocolate mixture. I beat 5 minutes longer onmedium speed. I sifted the flour, salt, cocoa and baking powder together. Then I added to the batter along with 2 Tbsp. 2% milk. I beat 5 minutes on medium speed. I then added the balance of the chocolate chips & M & M's. I greased baking sheets and baked 9 minutes.I used a 12-oz. package of white mint flavored Make & Mold candy disks with 1 Tbsp. vegetable shortening and melted together in a double boiler over boiling water until smooth. I cooled the cookies and dipped/spread the candy mixture over the cookies and sprinkled with green sugar sparkles (glitter). I did refrigerate these cookies in order for the glaze to harden! I got nearly 5 dozen cookies as I used a teaspoon, rather than a Tbsp.to drop 1" apart on the greased baking sheets. I get more mileage out of the dough & more cookies! There were 11 UNGLAZED cookies-I purposely left them that way! This way folks could have some of the cookies UNGLAZED and the balance with the glaze! Thank you so much for sharing this holiday cookie recipe! delowenstein"