Snortin' Good Salad
In this make-ahead side dish, you can substitute ingredients to suit your taste or to showcase vegetables in season.
10-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large glass salad bowl, layer the lettuce, cauliflower, onion,
- peas and bacon. Combine the mayonnaise and sugar; spoon over salad.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Toss just before
- serving. Yield: 10-14 servings.