- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Snickerdoodles
Sort By :
"This is a cookie that is a favorite of my husband. I think he would eat them as fast as I removed them from the oven; but since he has to be careful of his sugar intake, he limits himself. I have made these many times and will make them again."
"A tasty cookie I remember from my childhood. It's 1 of the 1st one's I baked on my own too! Recipe is on the smaller side. Those w/ large families like me, will need to double or triple the recipe to get a good amount. Just wish they stayed soft. Definitely keeping this recipe though, even though I will continue to search for a soft version."
"This is the exact recipe from my better homes and garden cookbook. They are really good. Used a small cookie scoop to make the cookies. Got about half a dozen less. Baked for the 10-11 min and they came out perfect. Bigger and flatter than the picture but still crisp on the edges and chewy in the middle. Might not be so flat if you refrigerated the dough first like my cookbook said to do. I just didn't have time and they still turned out wonderful."
"Delicious and easy to make. A family favorite."
"My 1st time making these cookies,and all i can say is they didn't last at all. Definitely a keeper!!!"